Registration at https://csu-ext-food-preservation.eventbrite.com
This training covers specifics of the Colorado Cottage Food Act and how to safely operate a food business from a home kitchen.
You will learn:
- Basic food safety– including proper hygiene; preventing cross contamination and cross contact of food allergens; temperature control for safe food preparation, storage, transport and sales
- Foods permissible in updated Colorado’s Cottage Food Act, including pickled fruits and vegetables
- Ingredient labeling and disclaimer requirements
- Special considerations for food preparation at altitude
- Safe food sampling best practices