Preserve@Home provides research-based food preservation education across geographical barriers. Colorado Participants learn how to produce high quality preserved foods and the science behind current food preservation techniques and food safety.
Individuals with little or no previous food preservation experience, Colorado Cottage Food operators, and anyone with an interest in food preservation and food safety can enroll in Preserve@Home. Class registration is $70 for the six weeks.
Preserve@Home Class Information & Registration
- June 4 – Registration Deadline
- June 7th Course Available Online & Start Date
- Chats Thursday’s 1:00 MDT (saved if missed)
- Class is scheduled to run from June 7 – July 19
- Online access NOT available after August 2
**At the conclusion a final exam is given and a Certificate of Completion is awarded for 80% or greater of available points
Six Weekly Lessons
- Causes and Prevention of Foodborne Illness
- Spoilage and Canning Basics
- Canning Acid Food – Boiling Water Bath
- Canning Low Acid Foods – Pressure Canner Dial/Weighted
- Canning Specialty Foods (jams, jellies and preserves; salsas; pickled & fermented foods)
- Drying and Freezing
- Nutritional Value & Cost of Preserved Foods
- Miscellaneous Food Safety & Preservation
- Preparing for and Coping with Emergencies and Disasters
- High Altitude Canning
- Starting Right-Gardening for Success
- Storing Your Garden Harvest
Enrollment is limited to the first 20 participants.
Location: Online training so you need access to computer and internet. You will receive log in information prior to June 7 so that you can log on.
Have questions about Preserve@Home Online Food Preservation 6 Week Training, please contact Anne Zander, email@example.com 303-678-6238.